Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why? This is why....

I recently received an email that I found spiritually profound. I can't think of any other way to describe it. It is truth. I would say "in my opinion..." but my opinion does not decide what is truth and what is not. I forwarded this email on to family and friends and have received some less than enthusiastic responses. I'm ok with that. I believe everything in this email, even if I struggle with some parts of it. I am a sinner. I won't deny that. But I try daily to grow closer to God, and I know living the words of this email will help me to achieve that. Before I give you the link to read it, I would like to try and answer a question. I was asked what prompted me to send (forward) this email. It made this person uncomfortable. I guess maybe that is why I sent it out. I imagine it is going to make a lot of people uncomfortable. We have gotten used to our little world around us conforming to the things we are comfortable with. Laws have been written over the years to take religion (Christ) out of our lives. Television and movies have no standards. Christ has been taken out of our childrens schools. Corruption and evil have spread through the internet like a cancer. With all of this, morality has gone out the window. The morals and values that Christ came to earth to teach us, have changed. We have changed them and tried to justify these changes because of the changes in our world. Let me ask you something - Christ took time with his disciples to go out and pray. Put yourself there. In a quiet spot with Christ. Now ask Him a few questions - How am I doing? Am I living up to what you expect of me? Am I becoming the person you created me to be? Am I living my life the way you taught us to? Now what do you think He would say? Be Honest!! Are you going to stand there and debate with Christ why you think His Word is out-dated for our society? That things are different now and changes are needed? I don't think so.
There is going to be a judgement on the last day. Life is a test and we are all going to be graded, and I don't think God is going to grade on a curve. He's not going to take into account the things we have used to justify living the way we think is ok. It's not ok.
Why did I send it out? Because it needs to be heard. It's not said enough. Other than an hour or so on Sundays, God's word has been taken away from us, and this was a chance I had to spread it around. I guess that's why.
Here is the email. It is a homily written by Fr. Kuchinsky. I hope you read it with an open heart. If it helps even one person grow closer to God then it was worth it. God bless you.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I read the e-mail and I have to agree with it and with what you said. We need to bring back God in our lives and in our Nation. He has been pushed aside and it's a sad thing. Even sadder that he keeps getting pushed farther and farther aside.

The chocolate cake in the previous post has my mouth watering! Sounds great!

Libby said...

pat, i still think this email meant a lot! you havta feel sorry for the people that didnt like it..

Daily Inspiration

Unless we possess the light of faith, we will walk in darkness. We will be like the blind for whom the day has become night.
St. Catherine of Siena

You don't have to make the headlines to make a difference.
S. Truett Cathy

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience; We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.