Monday, May 11, 2009

Spiritual Block

I'm sure you've heard of writers block, well I'm suffering from spiritual block. I just haven't felt Gods hand in my life lately. I know it's not Him, He is always with me. But just as gunk builds up and blocks a drain, I have gunk in my life that is preventing God to be able to work in my life. I know this, Im just having a hard time eliminating it. I need some spiritual Drano. I need the Holy Spirit's help to give me the strength and courage to do what I need. I am praying, maybe not as much as I could, maybe not as sincere as I could. What ever it is I'm blaming myself, not God. He has told me He would answer my prayers, I believe Him, I just need to ask for the right things, then I need to do my part. I can't expect Him to part the Red Sea for me. My mother taught me this saying - "Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as though everything depended upon you". I need to get to work.

No comments:

Daily Inspiration

Unless we possess the light of faith, we will walk in darkness. We will be like the blind for whom the day has become night.
St. Catherine of Siena

You don't have to make the headlines to make a difference.
S. Truett Cathy

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience; We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.